Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
pressure on trachea?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

pressure on trachea?

A week or two ago, quite suddenly, I started getting some strange spasms at the base of my neck, just above the collar bones.  It feels like it would if I were to press my hand against my neck.  Breathing is a little restricted.  There is no pain, no cold symptoms, no problems swallowing, no swelling.
Most strangely, I only have to touch my neck and it goes away (only to return a few minutes later).
It's most noticeable when I'm sitting up and idle, but occurs pretty much at any time.
I've recently started to take Celebrex for some arthritis of the hip (I'me 41) but I can't recall if this started before or after the medicine.

I could see how a very strong episode of this would make it very difficult to breathe. My doctor is on vacation and I'm not sure if this is serious enough to warrant a trip to the hospital.

I'm a tad concerned...
This sounds a lot like muscle or nerve pain.  It is hard to tell what caused it.  If the extent of it limits your breathing, is getting worse, or keeping you from moving, you may not be able to wait for your doctor to return.  You are the only one to be able to make that judgment.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker