Respiratory Disorders Community
random pains in chest, mostly right side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

This isn't exactly a respiratory disorder since I can breathe fine, but it does involve my lungs. I'm a 22 year old male, I used to be a heavy marijuana smoker for about five years. I have cut down a lot in the past couple of months. So my problem is that I get these random chest pains, mostly in my right lung. They don't hurt too much but they are sharp, and noticeable, and I usually get a small itch on the surface of my chest where they occur afterwards. The most common areas are my lower right lung, my chest next to my right armpit, my upper right lung, and sometimes the lower left side of my left lung.

The pain is sometimes not very noticeable but sometimes it is clearly there. It lasts for a few seconds then goes away. Breathing in and out usually does not affect the pain, or when it occurs. I have had fears about my lungs before because of my smoking history, and I've gotten myself checked out at the doctor. I've gotten two lung x-rays taken and they never called me to talk to me about the results which they said means that there is nothing to discuss. I'm still worried though, these random pains have been occurring for about a week now. It was most intense in the morning about three days ago, when the pain occurred about 15-20 times in the span of 3 or 4 hours. It was on the lower right side of my right lung. Please help, this is causing me stress.
Tags: Lung, Chest, Pain
I would also like to add, sometimes I feel it on my back, only on the right side though.
You have been checked out, so it is time to do something natural to get extra oxygen into the body to help with the healing.Follow this pranayam twice a day, and come back with your feedback after 9 days and 28 days. Your feedback is very important to help others.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Kapalbhati pranayam -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 21  times.
May 9 ,2011