Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
reactive airway disease and CF
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

reactive airway disease and CF

My 5 year old daughter was tested for CF in April.  3 sweat tests came back abnormal but not high enough to be diagnosed.  Her last test was 58, just a hop away from a diagnosis.  Gene testing was performed and she turned out negative for the 70 most common mutations of the gene.  She has always had the digestive issues, oily stool, not digesting certain vitamins.  She has now been diagnosed with Reactive Airway Disease.  She is taking Pulmicort, Augmentin, Codimal, and Rhinocort.  She took a breathing treatment at the peds. office and he said she sounded somewhat better afterwards.  My question is this, should I push for her to be retested through DNA with the more sensitive test which picks up 800 mutations?  My family is urging me to do this.  I just wonder that since her sweat chloride test was so high but not quite high enough, could she have one of the uncommon mutations?  She was tested at a CF clinic.  Thanks for any advice.