Respiratory Disorders Community
recovering from severe atypical pneumonia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

when i bend my chest hurts and i start shaking. im on my 6th week of being home after spending 11 days in hospital of which 9 days on i.c.u, .my chest feels very weak now, my lungs were very swollen and i had to go on a venilator for 8 days. im being treated for reflux but im so nervous and scared all the time, as anyone else experienced this whist recovering
I respond to at least let you know your post is being read.

The reason you may not be getting any replies is the rest of us have been spared the suffering you are going through.

I'm sure stopping smoking will help your recovery, that and a strong positive belief in yourself and your doctor(s) will help a lot.

My reason for visiting this form is I suffer from sinus congestion, really a simple thing but still one that causes me to lose sleep and get panic feelings... breathing is a wonderful and necessary thing, we all take for granted when it works well - witness how us past smoker felt in our younger years when we smoked and still had no problem getting enough oxygen in our blood.

I read you are under medical car, and the only suggestion I have is to keep good notes, with pen and paper, on you symptoms so you can accurate explain them to your doctor.

Good healing.