Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
recurrent sinus infections

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

recurrent sinus infections

I have been having recurrent sinus infections for about a year. I  have been taking augmentin and it ussually clears it up in 7 days. I feel better for about 2 weeks and then get it again.My worst symptoms include severe dizziness, fog brain and confussion. I am eternally congested. I can never breathe thru my nose so I breath thru my mouth. I also always have postnasal drip.I have had  a CT scan of the sinus and an x ray of the sinus. According to my Dr. (ENT) these come out  normal and there is no structural problem.Obviosly there is aproblem as I can not get rid of these back to back sinus infections. Sometimes the dizziness, fogbrain and confussion are so severe I can not get to work as I have to lye down as I lose my balance and cannot concentrate. Decongestants do not help. Steroid sprays do not help. Pleses advise.
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the mucous membranes that line the sinus cavities.  Inflammation of the sinuses could be due to an allergy, an infection, or ongoing exposure to an irritant, such as pollution or smoke.  Symptoms can include a headache or pressure in the area of the sinuses, a stuffy nose, achy teeth,
Thank you so much for your info, it was extremely helpful.Any comments on why my ct and x ray of the sinuses were normal ?
Gastric reflux, tooth problems, indoor air pollution (&/or outdoor air pollution) and other things, as the LUNG LINE Nurse said, can cause or worsen sinus problems.

Concerned lady
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
I found that for indoor pollution had my nose plugged for 45 years. Then I got a Negitive Ion Generator($100) and the next morning it was gone for good and never plugged up again(4years now)and to kill the infection for good is a simple root indians used and boy did it work. It's Goldenseal root ground up in a capusle(at health food store $18 for 50). Two in the morning and two at evening for ten days, and one a week from then on for maintance.You will enjoy the results compaired to what you have been use too.keep in touch will ya',Bill
Thank you guys for your very helpful comments and trying to help others .I am certainly going to look into your recommendations.Thanks  a lot
Lili
Just a thought, but I have had what I thought was a chronic sinus condition for 6 years now.  I had pressure over my eye, a low fever, and off/on gunk going down my throat.  I'd be treated for sinus infections, feel better, then the symptoms came back but the CT scan showed nothing  It ends up I've had an infected naso-lacrimal tear duct which can be caused by dry eyes (antihistamines and nose sprays made it worse).  This duct drains from your eyes into your nose.  You might just want to go to an eye doctor and get it checked out.  It may not be at all related to your problem, but I'm pretty sure this doesn't show up on a CT scan.  Allergies can set this off too evidently/