Respiratory Disorders Community
respiratory with mucus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

respiratory with mucus

my mom has been in the hospital since july4.She has a trac in and they have to draw the mucus out.I have not been able to get a time when she will be able to breath on her own.The floor she is on in the meadowlands seems like everyone is waiting to die.Her oxygen level, blood pressure and heart rate are all fine .Can someone give me some insight to this as it seems they are warehousing her because no progress is being made.s.***@****
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
90270_tn?1199338069
Why was she trached in the first place? Sometimes they are reversible, but sometimes they are kept in if the patient is unable to handle secretions and needs frequent suctioning. That may be why your mom still has one...just a guess though. It is good that all of her signs are stable...You need to ask the doctor for a conference to get straight answers as to what is next, her prognosis etc...Don't leave until you get all of your questions answered to your satisfaction.
Sunny
Blank
Thanks for your in put.We spoke to the person in charge of the nurses and they will be giving my mom medication to liven her spirits also  someone will be seeing her  to lift her spirits.My father and I requested her medical records as when they opened her medical book I seen heart failure which was nottold to us.We will be sitting down with the doctor on the25th of  august when he comes back from vacation.It is funny when we said we were thinking of moving her to hackensack hospital that everyone starts showing up.Thanks scott tormey.s.***@****
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...