Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
right middle lobe syndrome

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

right middle lobe syndrome

i am 34 yrs. old and was dx with RMLS in March. I went on 2 months antibotics, and prednisone. after another ct scan i still have no changes in the nodes or the middle lobe. I am on Advair, Spriva, Singular.......What should be the next step??? the dr. tried to say it was all allergy related, but is it ok to walk around with the lung collapsed? They said possiably removing that section of the lung, but as a last resort....any opinons or experiance???? thanks
The next step is to have a lung specialist do a bronchoscopy.  During this procedure a thin flexible tube with a small camera at one end is passed through your nose into your windpipe to look into your lungs.  The right middle lobe (RML) is prone to collapse.  Unless it becomes the site of recurrent infection, it is OK to walk around with a collapsed RML.  Only, after repeated infections, such as pneumonia, should surgery to remove this part of your lung be considered.  However, it is important to have the bronchoscopy to confirm that there isn
i am dealing with a similar situation myself- i had pneumonia back in may- went for f/u x-ray and was told there was a sign that the RML hadnt fully recovered- apparently that is a tough spot for pneumonia as it is tough to drain due to location.  Went for a few additional x-rays since- the last call from the dr was that there is scar tissue and it will remain there. still feeling some pain in that area of the chest.. not sure if the lung is still collapsed there or if it is pain from the scar tissue..
A related discussion, Surgery for Mid Lobe Syndrome was started.
A related discussion, Right middle and lower lobe! was started.