Respiratory Disorders Community
rsv

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

rsv

My son is going to be 2 months old soon and a couple of days after he was born they told me he has RSV, i have been in and out of the hospital so many times and he dose not seem to be getting any better. I have read everybody stories and How they lost their loved ones and i am so scared that it might happen to my son. Please is there anything that i can do to prevent this from getting worse???

This discussion is related to RSV complicated by Bacterial Pneumonia.
Hi nini311.
My son has rsv but is worse as he has pertussis also. Currently on life support hanging on to life.

RSV creates bronchiolitis which in turn produces lots of sticky phlegm which makesit difficult for baby to breath.
If baby is finding it hard to breath he needs ventilators,maybe CPAP will be enough but maybe will need oscillator ventillators or more such as ecmo.
If you are worried ask for doctor but try to avoid contact with people who may have cough, cold and or sneezing to stop secondary infection.
I am no expert just learning day by day,researching on internet to see if there is anything i can do to help. All the best wishes to your son.
is there any chance you can tell me how i could help my cousine should i sew the gp for not detecting the virus and sending her home to be rushed into intensive care 24 hours later ? please help
my son was on life support from rsv too. he was two weeks old. he made it but is still very sick months later..