scar tissue in lungs
My doctor found a "spot" on my lungs during a chest xray, and send me to a CT scan.  The result came back as scar tissue (and previously unknown gallstones on the liver, but THAT's another story!)  I have always been healthy, eat right, exercise, only been in a hospital to have babies, however I have been overweight for 25 years now (I'm 44)  My parents were heavy smokers when I was growing up and I had a roommate for a couple of years that smoked though I personally never have.  Other than that, I've only had a couple of bouts of bronchitis.  What in the world could cause scar tissue?
Thank you do you know of any test that they might can do and do you know if it is fixable?
I have been unable to smell or tast for years. I have been tested for allergies and am allergic to smoke and dust. I was a smoker for 20 years and quite just about 15 yrs ago. I do have a polyp in my nose but was told it shouldn't have anything to do with not smelling or not tasting. My husband and I are doing renovations in our home and took out the carpet in the living room, our bedroom and the stairs going upstairs June/01 and put in hardwood floors. Since then I have been able to smell and taste more often then ever before. This may be an option for you to try.
There are a number of things that can cause scarring of the lungs.  one being pneumonia, several diagnosis of it.  Another could have been work or environmental toxins that were inhaled over long periods of time, or even chronic illnesses you don't even know about.  Asthma and bronchitis are known to cause scarring and so has TB.  Go see a GOOD pulmonologist if your concern is great.  If you are not having any symptoms then you should have nothing to worry about.
my doctor did a chest x-ray and the radiolgist feels that I need to have a ct scan because of scare tissue on my lungs that is detatching  from the lung. an comments on this?