Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
several things... CPAP, edema, chest pain..weight gain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

several things... CPAP, edema, chest pain..weight gain

I'm a 30 yr old male who can't lose weight.   I've exercised on and off most of my adult life,  recently i started up again and I'm up to 45 mins of cardio  4-5 days per week.  Like to get my heart rate steady in the 150's.      But the problem is, the more i exercise, the more weight i gain.    Last year when I wasn't exercising I was down to 220 lbs.       Also,  I've been in the 250's before but now I've passed 260  and I've got bilateral periphreal edema in my ankles constantly.   I thought maybe exercising made me more hungry and I ate more w/o realizing it, but I don't know.  The edema.. It's not bad, I can live with it,   but it's still there and shouldn't be.      For several months I've had atypical chest pain that just kind of sits there 24/7 in the middle of my chest.....I also have frequent early beats and I've had near syncope from them....and I get a strong heartbeat and near syncope from weigiht lifting, or anything that exerts the muscles.  I had a stress test, echo and cardiac CTA, BNP, Liver test,  etc etc  and all was normal.    I've just started CPAP therapy for "mild" OSA and have noticed that the air pressure instantly changes the way my chest pain feels once it kicks in.     What is going on?