Respiratory Disorders Community
sharp neck pain when i breathe in

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

sharp neck pain when i breathe in

im a 25 year old female and for a few years now i have had a sharp chest pain when i breathe in. It is a peircing pain and all i feel like i want to do is take a deep breathe to get my breathe back. it takes a couple of minutes to completly stop. i then regain to normal breathing. I take a few deep breathes to get my breathe back. Untill recently, i have now been having a pain in the centre of my back and i rises up my neck (again especially when iam felling short of breathe and all i want to do is to take a deep breathe) this is naturally making be feel uneasy, as i dont feel that this should be happening? i have also keep getting pins and needles and a pain in one toe. i am not sure if this is related in anyway? I am not over weight and eat well most of the time, however, my choalestral is 7.2 ( i think this might be because i smoke approx 15 a day, i know i have to stop...). I was diagnosed with a fant heart mumar when i was a baby and used to have regular ECG tests. My doctor never suggests that i go and see a specialist or anything i believe that it is hardly there at all now. (on a recent doctors visit, my GP said that they couldnt really hear the murma now). They Just say it is a chest infection but im not confinced. Advice would be most appreciated

This discussion is related to sharp upper back pain when i breathe in deep.