Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
shortness of breath, wheezing, tightness in chest, chronic coughing

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Can this be fixed.Ive been diagnosed with bronchitis for over a month now,been in out of dr's and hospitals. They gave me steriods,inhalers,nebulizer,antibiotics,cough syrup with codeine, yet i still have shortness of breath,wheezing,tightness in chest and chronic coughing, I cant even leave my apartment. nor work.Cause I cant breath enough it seems, nor do i get much sleep. Im at a lost, its starting to seem unfixable, Ive been searching for home remedies, and other imfo, that might help, it just seems i keep getting a dead end.
This may be asthma.  I would suggest discussing this with your physician and/or seeing a lung specialist (Pulmonologist).  After a good examination and a lung function tests, the diagnosis should be more clear and so should the therapy.
I went through the same type of thing. They finally decided I had Interstital Lung Disease and mild pulmonary hypertension. I was on disability, oxygen, Advair, antidepressants, tranquilizers, etc. With rest, green tea, watermellon and time I have recovered enough to work. I still have episodes, but a good pulmonologist and the web site -the world's healthiest foods really help me. Good luck- know you are not alone in this!
It does sound like asthma although it could be an allergic reaction.  I have had asthma for years and there are somethings that help.

Next time you have a shortness of breathe get a bowl and fill it with how steaming water and put a towel over your head trapping the steam and just breathe the steam in.  This may help as it does for me when i get bad asthma.  Another thing is to stay calm.

I know it is really frustrating being like, fresh air may also do you some good even just keeping the window open.  By the way do you couch because you can't breathe? Like the couch is opening up your lungs? If so you probably have asthma.  Also sometimes inhalers don't work for people.  I hope this help although i would recommend trying the steam it isn't gonna solve anything but it may help you to breathe.