Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
side stiches
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
side stiches
I get horrible side stiches while resting, just the other night I walked into my room and fell to the ground in pain and it lasted for atleast 10 minutes, and this happens frequently. What can cause that?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242587 tn?1355427710
Your “side stitches” could be secondary to an injury to one of the structures of the chest wall:  rib, cartilage, intercostal nerve entrapment and/or inflammation (“pinched nerve”), muscle spasm or a metabolic disorder of some type, especially if you are taking medication that could result in electrolyte  imbalance.  A careful physical exam might provide clues as to the cause but comprehensive blood testing might also be helpful.

What you describe is not usually a sign of serious disease.

Good luck
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now