Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
sinus and loss of voice

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

sinus and loss of voice
I have had stuffy nose and sinus pain most of my life.  Ive been diagnosed with asthma and take Advair and Zyrtec D.  Ive had the allegry tests and the exrays, nothing foudn to be the wource.  I still have a stuffy nose and frequent sinus headaches   I was diagnosed with stage 1 sarcoidosis many years ago (bronchoscopy) but have had no flare ups in more than 15 years.  your thoughts on how to reduce or eiminate the chronsic stuffiness ?
This is a common problem.  Trying to use an inhaled nasal steroid on a daily basis may be the best therapy to control, but not eliminate the symptoms.  I would suggest talking about this with your doctor.
forgot to mentio-the congestion is so bad that i frequently lose my voice, even with the meds --if i can celar the congestion, my vice returns or strengthesn, so it appears and feels like the vocal cords are blocked by the congesiton.

I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I do understand what you are going through .  I too have the same problem.  I don't have sarcoidosis, but have lupus, those darn autoimmune diseases seem to complicate these kind of problems. My voice is so hoarse I sound like a smoker which Im not and a drinker which I'm not.  I cough most of the time tons of phlemg. I have been dx'd with late onset Asthma in the last few years which has complicated things. Good luck keep seeing your doctor.
I had this problem badly. I resorted to nasal irrigation and recently, am using Sino Fresh nasal spray. This is helping. Though it has taken some time to keep things clear (er).

Beings your voice is affected, you must build up quite abit of thick mucus. This is common with post nasal drip. Every morning, I am coughing up thick gunk.

Guaifenesin syrup will help loosen some of the mucus as well.

A visit to an ENT might be in order. Perhaps you have nasal obstructions (polyps) or deviations.
I have recently heard of Oil of Oregano for problems of sinuses but haven't tried nor researched it enough.  
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker