Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
sinus infection with nosebleeds

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

sinus infection with nosebleeds

i have severe allergy issues, but this past month, i have had a huge sinus infection. to the point where i cant sleep due to lack of breath and when i blow my nose there is always blood in it. just recently though, i have been blowing very large peices of what looks like tissue from inside my nose out every time i blow my nose. it worries me how much there is. when i do get it out, it is very painful. what could this possibly be?
Sounds like you have a sinus infection, alright, but unless your nose is also plugged-up, it should not cause shortness of breath.  Blood can occur with infection but also with other nasal/sinus problems.  The "large pieces of what looks like tissue" should be examined, by your physician or an ENT specialist under a microscope and cultured for bacteria and fungus.  This is most likely the kind of debris that forms with infection but we should not assume that.

I have been having the same exact problem.  In my case, I know that one of the cause is dry air, except I don't have any pains.  A humidifier seems to help to release the condition for me.

I would go to a ear/nose specialist just to make sure.

God Bless

I
thanks for the advice. i have a humidifier, the plug in vapor thing, the vapor shower thing. all kindsa stuff... it just wont go away. and for some reason it seems to be worse at night. and its not so much shortness of breath that causes me to not sleep. its when i fall asleep, i become so congested that i practically wake myself up because i cant breathe.i know i need to go to a ent, but i currently do not have insurance and cannot afford the fees involved with that, so any other otc or home fixes anyone can give would be appreciated!

also, the congestion gets so bad that my eyes water, and i have throbbing pain in my eyes, temples, head and even in my teeth! feels like a migraine, but noit sure...