Respiratory Disorders Community
sleep apnia(apnea) and toxic mold

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

sleep apnia(apnea) and toxic mold

I work in a small office that gets lots of sun in the summer and really hot and the doors and windows leak some in the winter and the carpet, which has not been cleaned in over 5 years, gets soaking wet for 2 feet or more near the exterior door.  I have a fan covered in dust, when I looked at it closer it appeared to be black mold, the fan was spreading these mold spores all over the office.  I have had some sleep related issues (like apnia (apnea)) over the last few months and a cough that has not gone away in about 3 months as well as sinusitis.  I feel lethargic at work and have fallen asleep on several occasions.  Recently I got pneumonia at the same time as an infection in my testicle and a really bad rash on my outer thighs and calves with painful black blisters that have lingered for weeks.  The co-worker that uses my office when I am off (8-9 days a month) has has a persistent cough 2 1/2 months as well and ended up with pneumonia last week and he reports headaches and other issues.  I think I have black mold poisoning not apnia (apnea).  Is there a test my doctor can run?  I have taken samples of the black dust (mold spores?)