Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
small lumps on back of throat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

small lumps on back of throat

Hello.  Swollen lymph nodes prompted me to take a look at my throat a few weeks ago. I found several small white-ish lumps on the back of my throat.  I don't have medical insurance currently, so I started taking the rest of my girlfriends antibiotics that she had leftover (erythromycin base 333mg ec tablets).  I took 4 of those pills over the next few days and the swelling was gone, however the lumps on my throat remained, to this day.  I have no cough, fever, shortness of breath, pain, or any sign of sickness that I am aware of, just lumps on my throat.  What could these be?  I don't know if this is related but I have also been having small discomforts with gas and heartburn-like feelings in my chest (maybe acid indigestion?) beginning before I noticed the lumps in my throat.  Thanks in advance.
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
It is generally not safe to take someone else's antibiotics.  At this time no one knows if this is an infection, if it is what kind and how it should be treated.

You will need to be seen to find out the nature of the problem and the best treatment.  Please check at local hospitals or medical centers for a program that offers health care to uninsured people.
3 Comments
Blank
if these white lumps are on your tonsils they are probably tonsil stones..they are a accumulation of food debris,bacteria, that lodges in the folds or crypts of your tonsils and start to push out..if you touch it w/ a q-tip they come off and have a very fowl smell..they do eventually come back..the doc said if they get real bad to have your tonsils taken out.
Blank
Think you might find the article about food particles stuck in tonsils is a bit mis-leading  you will find its more like post nasel drip ( Mucos down the back of your throat ) try visiting tonsilstones.com this will tell you all you need to know these are a mixture of mucos and bacteria
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker