sneezing after coughing
hi guys please help me, can anyone tell me or have a same experienced like this..since my husband and i are living in for almost 4 yrs i always noticed that he used to sneeze after he coughs, though this does not happens every night there were times that i was woken up because of the noise! as loud as if there is no tomorrow!
Hi, cough is a protective mechanism; anything that irritates the throat causes reflux coughing. And any foreign body which irritates the nose causes sneezing. If he has repeated episodes of coughing and sneezing it could indicate an allergic response. These are substances like pollen, dust, animal dander, certain foods, insect venoms and certain medications. Exposure to allergens causes a runny nose with a resultant post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat and irritate causing cough. If it persists consult your doctor for an evaluation. Regards.