Respiratory Disorders Community
snorting trying to get mucus up so i end up throwing up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

2 years ago i started throwing up due to my mucuc and phlegm that was in my throat.i  always feel like there is snot in the back of my throat....well i have been too four doctors and they say its sinus in fection well....i think they need to do more research on me cause on day when i threw up i busted my veins in my nose and i bleed all over the place....what is wrong...now its 2014 and im still snorting  cause i feel like theres snot in my throat and my stomach gets all rumbling...but anyways i will go to eat food and it feels like the foods in my throat  so i throw up
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, when there is excessive mucous, it can cause cough and consequent vomiting. Sinus infections cause a post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat and irritate causing cough. Cough is a protective mechanism by the body as it helps to prevent infections.                

The best way to get to the bottom of your sinus issues is to see an ENT.  A good examination inside the nose with a camera might give the ENT more information as well as a CT scan of the sinuses.  If it is a chronic sinus infection, 4-6 weeks of antibiotics are pretty standard in addition to nasal steroid sprays, oral steroids, and salt water irrigations of the sinuses.  If this fails to solve the problem, sinus surgery is usually recommended. Regards.
I had a similar problem snorting mucus all the time. Mine was mainly in the nasal area. Went to various ENT specialists with no result. Eventually had a camera put down my stomach and they found I had a hiatus hernia. Gases from my stomach were able to leak into my throat area. I have recently been prescribed Omniprazole to reduce stomach gases leaking into this area. Now much improved after 10 years.

If you have no luck with the above then I would consider a camera down your stomach (before surgery) to see if there is a problem there. Test only takes 2 mins.