Respiratory Disorders Community
spitting blood no other symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

spitting blood no other symptoms

Beginning Sunday, I started spitting blood mixed with mucus in the morning when I woke up, not alot  about a spoonful. I don't have any other symptoms (no cough, fever etc) and I feel perfectly fine, the only difference being sometimes during the day I have excess saliva mixed with mucus (no blood) that I spit out now and then. In the mornings though I feel a salty accumulation at the back of my throat and i get out of bed and spit out blood . It started after I drunk some rum, straight, on Saturday night maybe that's the cause but im not sure. Is this something serious?
It is worth checking with your doc about this...could be related to the drinking, but it also could mean something is going on with the lungs. The only way to be sure is to have your doc have a look at you.
Sunny
Hi im 14 and i tasted blood in my mouth but i had no blood so i cleared my throught and spit some mucous,but there was a small streek of blood in it today it the first time it ever happend