spitting up blood when clearing throat
Since April of 2008, I've been spitting up blood on rare occasions. I took an antibiotic treatment and the bleeding stopped completely and I was fine all spring and summer up til October of 2008 when I started having colds and coughs and sinuses problems and started spitting up blood again with mucus (yellowish and greenish sometimes). I did a broncoscopy that came out normal, a ct scan of the sinuses, throat and chest that came out normal as well. The problem is that after each antibiotic treatment the bleeding comes back every now and then. One time it even came back 10 to 15 days into the treatment. And overall the amount of the bleeding seems to increase at each occurance. This morning when I woke up and as I have the post nasal drip problem, I felt mucus in the back of my throat that needed to be cleared out so I spit it out and there was an inch long and inch wide of red blood with a little white mucus. This time there was no signs of a cold or sinus infections it was before. This happened just in the morning. I've been clear for the rest of the day. I've started using the neti pot and yesterday I ate 2 pieces of garlic which I felt burned my mouth and stomach for a short time. Also, it is important to note that I think this bleeding problem is a result of living in a house that had about nine times the normal amount of mold for about 7 years. Some of the species of mold in the house are: aspergillus/pennicillium species (highest concentration); cladosporium species; badiospores; hyphae; myxomycetes/rusts/smuts; chaetomium.
Please help me. I am very concerned and I am young too and have small kids... Thanks

This discussion is related to Bright red blood when clearing throat? Should I be concerned?.