Respiratory Disorders Community
spot on lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

spot on lung

My son has been sick for over a month.  He is 36 ys old & was up until now in good health.  He is a non smoker but chews tobacco.  He has went to the hospital twice complaining of chest pains.  Both times the doctors have found nothing.  He says he feels like an elephant is on his chest.  He burps continually, feels exhausted  all the time & now has a cough.  The doctor has run alot of blood tests.
He had a chest xray in February that showed nothing.  He had a xray yesterday the doctor said he has a spot and that it is cancer.  I asked Jason how big the spot was & he told me it was about the size of two fingers. He lives out of state & I'm flying up tomarrow to see him .  Do you think it really could be cancer?
Thank you for your help.
Stevie Davis
I would think they would need to do further tests like a CT scan to determine for sure if it's cancer.  I have something on my chest x-ray and they sent me for a CT they don't think it is anything serious.  You can have scar tisuue on your lungs and it will show up on an xray.  I will find out more on Wednesday.  Good luck to you.
I have a 10 year old daughter who has asthma.I took her into the hospital to be checked because she has been sick.Well they took a x-ray of her lungs and found out she has bronchitis but they also found a white spot on her left lung.They pulled up x-rays from last year and she had nothing on her lungs at all and now she does.What scares me the most is because they didn't even bother to take blood work or anything.I am a single parent and I am trying to deal with this.I was looking up stuff on line and some things point to cancer..
Thank You,
Sonia