Respiratory Disorders Community
sticky clear mucus/aching ribs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

sticky clear mucus/aching ribs

I am a copd sufferer quite severe , for the past 2 months my ribs are aching and I keep bringing up absolutely loads of clear horrid sticky mucus up , sometimes it takes me an hour to relieve the pressure in my eshophugus/chest area, I am taking beconaise spray for post nasal drip but it doesnt seem to help , my whole upper body is sore from wretching , I just don.t know where it is all coming from and it is scary as it blocks all my tubes.

Any help out there
Get some extra oxygen into the body to help the respiratory system do its job, with this pranayam. The movement during kapalbhati will also help to clear the lungs.Start very gently initially, to get the body recovering gradually.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Kapalbhati pranayam -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
January 20, 2011
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
January 20, 2011
Thank you so much I will try this and let you know how I get on, much appreciated.

regards

Carol