Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
terrible sleep apnea, anemia

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

terrible sleep apnea, anemia
I have terrible sleep apnea which causes severe exhaustion and cognitive fog making it impossible to work and study mathematical proofs.  I think it's the central apneas more than obstructive.  the ENT says my airway is open and ok.  I just developed the disease with asthma after working in Indonesia.  I keep showing mild hemolysis and was anemic as a child.  I can't exhale after taking amycin for 6 weeks.  
is there a cure?  I'm going to try Diamox now with my asv machine and oxygen 5 liters/minute
Your attribution of exhaustion and “cognitive fog” to severe, sub-optimally treated sleep apnea is probably correct.  Characterization of your apnea as obstructive and/or central and optimum therapy of it must be the first order of business.

The second must be a specific diagnosis of your hemolytic anemia, as it may be associated with a diminished oxygen carrying capacity that would be potentiated by apnea of any sort.

Amycin is a tetracycline and would not be expected to improve your exhalation, this problem likely to be asthma.

Good luck
I really don't know what happened to my lungs and immune system in Indonesia that caused such bad OSA/CSA exhalation problems.  maybe the pollution, so I started taking a lot of NAC and liver supplements and it helped the fog
but maybe years of allergy shots and xolair is my last hope
David Hahn in Wisconsin thinks that azithromycin modulates the immune system but after 6 weeks on it I had a terrible 6 week infection and can't exhale with resistance now
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker