Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
thoat irritation

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

thoat irritation
four year back i visited the ENT because of the throat irritaion that i'm suffering from, he advised me that i've got too much acid into my stomach and it gets pushed up my throat and couse an irriation , theyput me on Nexiam, Lokit and other gastric  medication  but with no help.
please advise
If reflux of acid from your stomach into your throat is the cause of your throat irritation, it may or may not be associated with “too much acid”.  And, if that is the cause, you may or may not get relief from the medication you mentioned.

The first step should be to determine if the ENT’s premise about “acid” is correct and there are good tests for this that could be ordered by a GI Specialist or an Internal Medicine Doctor.  It is equally likely that the throat irritation would be caused by chronic post-nasal drip or some other cause having nothing to do with acid reflux.

My recommendation is that you seek a second opinion with a non-ENT physician.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker