Respiratory Disorders Community
tight chect, persistant cough following a bad sore throat
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tight chect, persistant cough following a bad sore throat

HI

About 2 weeks ago I got a really sore throat that took about 4 days to subside and made my voice quite hoarse.  I had a bit of a runny nose but not much so it didn't develop into a cold.  I felt a bit tired but generally ok.  After about 4 days I then developed a cough which became more and more tickly and dry for about a week.  It got worse and worse to the point I couldn't sleep and felt the constant need to cough.  I tired cough syrups and numbing sprays to the back of the throat but neither worked.since then, in the last few days it has got less tickly but my windpipe tube feels really sore but lower down that it originally was, so the tickle isn't in the throat anymore but more lower down, almost a burning feeling, and still a need to cough all the time but nothing much comes up.  My chest feels tight like someone is sitting on it.  I saw a nurse yesterday who prescribed a ventolin inhaler.  she said my chest was clear.  I have been using the inhaler every 4 hours but the tightness hasn't improved and I am still coughing, except the cough feels a bit more productive wit more phlegm.  I've bnever been asthmatic before, and although my chest feels tight I am breathing fine.

Can anyone help as I have never had a cough like this befolre.

Thanks
C