Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
tight chested
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

tight chested

Hi over the past week or so i have become really tight chested and im finding it hard to breathe. I hace struggled with having panic attacks and asthma attacks through the years but they have gone now. Every morning when i wake up i feel like im going to be sick all the time. My stomach is quite sore to touch it feels like im bloated but i know im not cause i cant eat anythin cause i just bring it back up. Its also affecting my back as well. I suffer with really bad backache because of it all. Please help.
242587_tn?1355427710
Chest tightness is a common symptom of both asthma and panic attacks and, despite your feelings, I would not readily dismiss one or both of these as a cause of tightness.

A sore stomach and what I believe you are describing as vomiting is another matter; one unlikely to be related to asthma but one consistent with panic attacks or with some type of intestinal disease.  Hard vomiting, especially retching can cause both abdominal and back pain.

Any of the preceding, except asthma should resolve spontaneously within several days and, if it doesn’t, you should seek medical advice.

Good luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker