Respiratory Disorders Community
to those with Emphysema
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

to those with Emphysema

i just found out today that i have  Emphysema,i am only 32,i am just wondering what other symptoms you guys have with it? thanks
Related Discussions
90270_tn?1199338069
I see that you are quite young at 32, have the doctors run a test called Alpha 1 antitrypsn deficiency? I ask this because you are so young, it isn't common to see emphysema in people your age. Alpha 1 is inherited and does cause emphysema as well as other problems depending on the mutation. The test itself is a blood test that your doctor can order for you.
I don't have emphysema, but do understand how it feels to have shortness of breath, coughing etc. What are your symptoms at this time? I am sure that they are what made you go see a doctor in the first place right?
With the right treatment, the symptoms can be controlled...I have asthma, bronchiectasis (due to atypical CF) and am on meds to help with the wheezing and to decrease infections. I am on Flovent, Singulair, Xopenex, Pulmozyme and alternating months of TOBI (inhaled tobramycin for chronic pseudomonas infection).
I am sure that all of this must be overwhelming to you at times..any new diagnosis is. Keeping you in my thoughts, Sunny
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...