Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
too much fluid in my throat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

too much fluid in my throat

i have been suffering from alot of fluid in my throat its now getting to a point where its making me choke. is there anything i can do to get rid of it??
Tags: throat
Related Discussions
242588_tn?1224275300
The solution depends on where the fluid is coming from.  If from your nose and sinuses, such as postnasal drip, then nasal washes followed by a nasal steroid spray would be appropriate.  If the fluid is coming from your stomach, either quietly or “belched-up”, then it is acid reflux and you would benefit from any of the medicines used for this purpose, such as Nexium® (esomeprazole).  If it is being coughed-up into your throat, then you have a lung problem, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or chronic bronchitis.  In that case, smoking cessation, the avoidance of industrial pollutants and the use of asthma/COPD inhalers such as Advair® HFA (fluticasone propionate and salmeterol) Inhalation Aerosol, would be the correct treatment.  But, first, you and your doctor should attempt to determine the source of the fluid.

Good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank