Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
treatment for mold in your blood

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

treatment for mold in your blood

what is the treatment for mold in your blood? i have mold in my blood. and can you tell me there are any doctors that specialize in mold in the blood and in my lungs.
Having mold in one’s blood is a very serious condition, usually associated with some type of immunodeficiency state, and with it one is almost always acutely ill.  If you truly do have mold in your blood, the first thing is to establish the source of the mold in your body, determine the cause of its being there and then treat it with an antifungal medicine.  There are 2 types of doctors who deal with mold in the lungs:  pulmonary, also known as lung specialists; and infectious disease specialists.

Good luck.
How did they find out you have mold in your blood? I never heard of it. How did you get it? Do you have symtoms (symptoms)?
A related discussion, mold in my son's blood was started.