Respiratory Disorders Community
trouble breathing day and night/neck sinks in when breathing drasticall...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

trouble breathing day and night/neck sinks in when breathing drastically

Hi, I am 21 years old and I have been having trouble breathing for the past 6 months. It was slow at first, just out of breath every once and a while, but then it progressed. I felt like I had to yawn all the time to take deep breaths, my throat felt like it was constricting, and I would wake up gasping for air, so I started to not sleep at nights. It's literally taking over my life, this problem. I have been to 3 doctors, and they all say, it's anxiety, which I partly believe. Yet, even when I am not having anxiety the symptoms are still there. Even though each doctor said they did not think I have Astma, they gave me an inhaler and advair, which I have been using, with STILL no relief. Then, recently, the circular area above my collar bone, started to severely sink in when I breath, this is a new symptom and  bit weird. I feel like my skin is sinking into my throat, if the makes sense....

HELP! I really need support. I am in a family where no one believes I am really struggling, they are not doctor people. I feel alone and I really need some advice.