Respiratory Disorders Community
trouble with deep breath, yawning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

trouble with deep breath, yawning

I have had this same problem. Feeling like I need to take a deep breath and not being able to. Not being able to complete a yawn. I have had the idea that it was all in my head a few times and this discussion makes me believe it more. I recently had a baby and at one month we both got fairly bad cold symptoms and that is when it hit me... excessive worry. It is a known symptom of post partum depression. During that cold, which was actually quite minor, I worried about respiritory failure, death, pertussis, etc, etc... and it hasn't stopped. But I find that when I am trying to breathe deep, im not really out of breath or anything, but still try so hard to get that last fill in my lungs, and the same thing that the other man said, i try to do it with my lungs instead of my diaphram. So yes, i think it is neurological. Thank you for confirming that in my mind!

This discussion is related to Trouble Completing Deep Breath or Yawning.
Have you been able to overcome this issue..?  I started to have the same issue after my blood pressure spiked and a close friend had a heart attack.  The breathing issue comes and goes every couple of days.  I just want it to go away for good.  I had all kinds of test and everything comes back normal.  Please let me know as i am going crazy.