Respiratory Disorders Community
tuberculosis question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

tuberculosis question

hi I have a question , I recently did a tb test for my job and the rash turned out to be positive I forgot to mention to the doctors that I had a tuberculosis vaccine when i was younger in europe because thats where i was born. They took an xray of my chest today and i didnt notice any major tares on the lung xray. they told me i have to wait 3 days for the result im worried please help ... any info would be great thank you...
I'm not really sure I'm trying to be helpful to everyone but most of the stuff I have no clue about
no problem , i don't know ether thats why im asking if anyone knows any info
I'm sorry I wish I knew (:
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The rash you are refering too could be the PPD test. It could be positive due to an old or recent infection. It could also be due to BCG vaccination for tuberculosis. This is correlated with clinical symptoms and blood tests, which will show a raised ESR and increased lymphocyte count, if it is an active infection. So, don't worry and you can post any further queries you have, will be glad to answer.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.