Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
upper back pain when i breathe

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

upper back pain when i breathe
i am having pain in my upper back  on my right side when i breathe i have antibotics twice and  a chest xray that came back clear i am also fetching green flem up. i have got asthma and take inhalers
The pain may be pleurisy and the green phlegm suggests that you have acute bacterial bronchitis.  You should have a culture of the phlegm and may well need another antibiotic, shown to be effective against the bacterium causing your bronchitis.  The green phlegm could also be a sign of cystic fibrosis (CF) with or without a disease called bronchiectasis.

If the green phlegm persists despite yet another course of an antibiotic, you should definitely see a lung specialist.
Just a thought, could this pain actually be coming from the spine?    I was thinking maybe if you could take deep breaths while in different positions maybe this could tell you something?    (for example I get middle back pain that is worsened by taking a deep breath, and I had an MRI of my thoracic spine that showed a herniated disc
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker