Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
vocal cord

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

vocal cord

Dr found a abnormality on my vocal cord.  It looks like nodule or
polyp.  Dr. wants me to have a ct scan of neck.  I do not want to be exposed to more radiation as I have had many scans for other issues.  Would an mri provide the same answers?  Also, Dr. said it wasn't cancer so why is it necessary to have a scan?  Also, I am puzzled by the assurance it is not cancer.  Dr. said if growth is larger in 6-8 wks  wants to do biospy.  My reason
for being anious is that I recently had cabg and have ms.

Thank you for your time.
You will need to ask your doctor the reason for the CT scan to know for sure.  However a CT scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) would need to be done now and in 6 to 8 weeks.  Then the tests could be compared to see if the growth on your vocal cord is larger.  You