walking pneumonia

I posted a similar question in a different forum on this website, but I thought I would ask here too.

4 weeks after a high risk sexual encounter, I became ill with headaches, muscle aches, a fever, and fatique. After putting off going to the doctor for about two weeks, I went in and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. I was prescribed avalox. I did tell my doctor about my the single sexual experience and my anxiety about HIV. I was tested for HIV at 6 weeks and it came back negative.

I realize this isn't an HIV forum, but I am curious as to the relevance between early HIV and walking pneumonia. Someone on the HIV forum suggested that the illness isn't associated with HIV, but I want to ask people with more knowledge in respiratory infections. Is walking pneumonia an opportunistic illness with HIV, or is this all a case of bad timing?