Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
what is mild obstructive lung disease

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

what is mild obstructive lung disease

I am 28, I quit smoking after 12 years, about 2 years ago, soon after was pregnant, gained a lot of weight, that is when my respiritory probs got a LOT worse. At the time I quit smoking, it actually hurt. While pregnant, I started to get a stabby like sharp chest pain, a fluttery feeling at the bottom of throat, dizziness with shortness of breath, talking would cause shortness of breath. My son is now a year and I'm about 15-20 lbs overweight still, (155) and still having trouble, oh, did I mention, my sinus' have been not stop draining for 2 years now, bad breath, CONSTANT! in the back of my throat, since I quit smoking, there is often a burning sensation in my chest, not like heart burn. I can get dizzy with one breath too deep, any physical activity will make my heart POUND, not real fast , but hard, I have a "lungy" feeling when taking deep breaths, cold makes me cough, laughing too hard causes a cough like sound from lungs. I get the same sensation from a deep breath that I used to when having my first cigarette after 8 hours of work, head rush, u name it, tingly  overall feeling, dizzy etc.  I was diagnosed with mild obstructive lung disease after going to a cardiologist. Yes a cardiologist. Was not referred to go anywhere else. So a year later and still feeling like I'm over reacting......  
It is probably a good idea to see a pulmonologist and have a lung function test to see what is going on in your lungs.  You may also be having a sinus problem.  A CT scan of the sinuses may also be ordered.  I know you are blaming all of these symptoms on stopping smoking.  However, that is not likely and was a great decision.
Avatar n tn
I have a 31 year old nefue and hes been sick for three weeks and hes been to the E.R. he's been vomating abought every day a really bad head ach.And the light hurst his eye's,and they did a ct scan on his head and a splinal thing every thing came back good and they did a chest xray.And they seen a shadow i guess its a spot on his lung,could you rule that out on what it could be.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, Health care bill was started.
A related discussion, SIDE EFFECTS OF ANTI-ALLERGY TABLET was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker