Respiratory Disorders Community
what is minimal ptb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

what is minimal ptb

i had a two chest x-ray and based on the findings,it says Minimal PTB in my left upper lung. Please correlate with other clinical and laboratory parameters.On my chest x-ray's findings show that there is a fibrohazy densities seen in the left upper lung zone.heart is normal in size. hemidiaphragms, costophrenic sinusesand visualized bines are intact. and the other one is hazy densities in the left upper lobe.The heart is not enlarged.The rest of  chest structures are unremarkable.I would like to know all about this? what is the treatment for this? How can this be cure? thank you,.
Hi, TB infection latent or in early active stages in the lungs usually is only one lung and looks like a speckles of little densities. Treatment for latent TB the standard treatment is six to nine months of isoniazid(H) alone. 6-9H

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoniazid

The standard "short" course treatment for active TB is isoniazid, rifampicin, pyrazinamide, and ethambutol for two months, then isoniazid and rifampicin alone for a further four months. The patient is considered cured at six months (although there is still a relapse rate of 2 to 3%).

2HREZ/4HR3
means isoniazid(H), rifampicin(R), ethambutol(E), pyrazinamide(Z) daily for two months, followed by four months of isoniazid and rifampicin given three times a week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tb_treatment

Take extra care to follow your doctors instructions carefully and don't miss doses of medications or you could end up with MDR-TB which is hard to treat, and most people can't afford the more expensive medications to treat it, even if you have red tears and are nauseous, or "feel good" on first line treatment don't stop meds because the consequences will be far worse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDR-TB
i don't know what my xray findings mean. it says, reticulonodulohazy densities with intervening small ring shadows are seen at the (L) upper lobe. it is associated with upward displacement of the (L) hilar structure. Remarks: PTB minimal, associated with cicatricial/bronchiectatic changes. would you help me please.