Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
what is stridor?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

what is stridor?

my child was  digiosed with stridor an i'm very worried know one seems  to know  of it can you please  tell me about this an can it be cure?
Stridor is not a medical diagnosis, but rather describes breathing difficulty. This can be from many different medical conditions. I would suggest speaking with your doctor again and learning more about what is the condition, which is causing the stridor.
Dear Bunny,

Tomorrow (Friday), you can call the LUNG LINE at 1-800-222-LUNG (5864), and speak with a LUNG LINE nurse, to talk about your child's situation. The LUNG LINE nurse can fully explain "stridor" to you, and give you some advice.

But the bigger question is-- what is CAUSING the "stridor" (a gasping sound)? What did the docs say about this? You need to find out the causes of the stridor, and how this problem can be fixed!

It seems that they didn't tell you much, maybe because they aren't experts.

Ask the LUNG LINE nurse for names & phone numbers of doctors IN YOUR AREA, who are very experienced about breathing problems in children, because they did some studying at National Jewish Hospital (NJH), (located in Denver, Colorado).

How old is your child? When did the "stridor" begin? If your child has any breathing problems, before you can see an expert doctor, call 911! I wish you the best of luck, and hope that your child gets better fast.

Sincerely, Concerned lady
***@****
Bunny,
   I know this is a little late. But, I have a 2 year old and I was told she had stridors 2 weeks after she was born. If they haven't already have them to a bronstopitomy(mis-spelled) That will tell you all you need to know. My daughter grew out of it by the time she was 18 months. And there are all different types of striders. Some are very mild. Hang in there and god bless your child
A related discussion, striders was started.