Respiratory Disorders Community
what is the meaning of secondary to ptb with undetermined activity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I had an normal x ray and the finding was " there are suspicious densities found in the both upper lungs apices and the impression is " apicolordotic view is suggested"

After 1 week  had an apicolordotic and the reading was " Infiltrates found in the upper right lobe secondary to ptb with undetermined activity" there was no impression  given

What is the meaning of this? I do not have cough or cold and almost never get sick. What are my next steps?
hello there shygirl! well, in your case i guess you may have contracted a pulmonary tuberculosis based on the findings of your x-rays both pa and apicolordotic view. and the next thing to do? i suggest you undergo a sputum microscopy wherein you will submit your early morning sputum( preferrable with phlegm and should be extracted early in the morning after waking) for examination. After which, should you have PTB bacillus in your sputum you must then undergo a 6-12 month treatment for PTB. but if the result of the sputum microscopy proves otherwise, i suggest you contact your doctor for any other possible disease. and, i would like to advise you to take vitamins regularly with adequate exercise and have an 8-hour sleep or rest daily to boost your immune system. hope this helps! thank you and God bless!!!1!