Respiratory Disorders Community
what is wrong with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

what is wrong with me?

I have mid left back pain, sometimes stabbing and  sometimes comes and goes.  I am exhausted most of the time.  I used to jog 3 mi. 3 times a week.  Now I cannot run more than a few feet due to a feeling in my back likesomething  rubbing or bouncing in my back/chest.  Also  am starting to get choked while eating.  What could this be/
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If with movement you are getting pain it is likely to be an inflammation of the skin, subcutaneous tissue or the bone. This can happen with injury, repetitive activity or an infection of the skin. Sometimes it can be costo-chondritis, inflammation of the sterna rib junction. If the pain is aggravated with work or exercise then it could be due to cardiac pain. But when in doubt always best to have it checked. So please consult your primary care physician who may ask for an EKG or a treadmill test to rule out a cardiac cause for the pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.