Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
what's the meaning of the xray result..

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

what's the meaning of the xray result..

Good day Doctors! I just wanna ask the meaning of my chest x-ray result...the impression is "Findings are suggestive of post old granulomatous pulmonary process (post primary TB)..! is it good or bad? because the explanation of my physician is not understandable really..can you please explain further to me? i was once diagnosed of having PTB minimal both upper lungs and then i took the medication for 6 mos then after that got my xray again and that was the result..! my doctor gave me medicine again to be taken for a month or two called rifinah and vit.b6...and i have a big scar on my left side of the lung i think...! does it mean that i still have tb? is it worst already? because im still suffering for the shortness of breath and back pain..! but no cough at all or anything...just that two! can you help me to understand this doctor? thank you so much! Godbless
The “Findings are suggestive of post old granulomatous pulmonary process (post primary TB)” comment simply means that the x-ray suggests that you have had TB in the past, which you already know.  It does not mean that anything is active today.  However, because you are having shortness of breath and back pain, it is important for your physician to determine the causes of these.  They may or may not be related. A pulmonary function test would help to better understand why you are short of breath.  I would speak to your physician to continue to evaluate the symptoms you are experiencing.