Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
xray

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

xray

I had pneumonia a week ago.....went for a follow up xray yest, and was told most of it cleared up except ...for a small bit///im back on antibiotics for 3 more days....I feel fine.....how long does it take for complete resolution to show on xray.....im worried it could be something else....I dnt smoke, never did...does it take time for lungs to show a clear xray..........thx barb....btw....I had right lobar pneumonia....lower lobe
Complete X-ray resolution of a pneumonic infiltrate may take a month or more.  The important thing at this moment is that “most of it has cleared” and done so in a relative short period of time.  Your concern that this might be a complicated (by another disease) pneumonia is legitimate, but seriously, less than complete clearing in one week should not be of concern, either to you or your doctors.

The important issue at this time is that you have one or more follow-up X-rays until complete clearing is demonstrated.  Another X-ray in 2-4 weeks after the one done “yesterday” would constitute acceptable care.  The rapid response to antibiotic therapy and the fact that you have never smoked are both factors in your favor.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker