Restless Leg Syndrome Community
Could it be??

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

Could it be??

I had a question regarding Restless Leg Syndrome and what it was all about. For about three weeks now, I have been experiencing sharp, throbbing pains in the front top of my legs, back of my legs radiating from my buttocks, and in both shins. Just a note I had my gallbladder taken out about the time this pain started. I have no other symptoms beside the pain. It usually only occurs in the evening and makes it difficult for me to fall asleep. I also have to constantly keep moving or switching the leg I am sitting on during the day to avoid pain. Anyone thinks this sound like RLS or should I go see a doctor ? Thanks!!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal/ endocrine imbalances, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!