Restless Leg Syndrome Community
Itchy legs
About This Community:

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy legs

My 24 year old daughter has been complaining of itchy legs at night, it is keeping her awake at night and I am worried she may have RLS.  

Can anyone tell me if this is a symptom of RLS?

Thank you
Hi,
What other symptoms are present? The four key signs of restless legs syndrome (RLS) are  strong urge to move the legs; symptoms that start or get worse when inactive; relief from moving; or symptoms that start or get worse in the evening or at night. People who have RLS describe the unpleasant feelings in their limbs as creeping, crawling, pulling, itching, tingling, burning, aching, or electric shocks. Diagnosis is with complete physical examination as well as diagnostic tests like blood test, muscle or nerve tests. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by a doctor. Other conditions such as allergy, irritation, underlying conditions or skin issues may need to be ruled out also. Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Restless Leg Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank