Restless Leg Syndrome Community
Need some advice!

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

Need some advice!

Hey everyone!

I need some advice! I'm a 29 year old female who has been having the worst leg and lower back pain since about February of this year. The pain usually just comes on and is a throbbing pain that can radiate from my lower back or buttocks. The pain is strongest in my legs and the tops of my thighs. I have some abdominal cramping but I kinda just chalk that up to my body getting used to my gallbladder being gone (just had it out in the beginning of August). The pain is so awful at times and makes me so restless. It actually feels better when I am up and moving. I thought about going to the doctor a few times but my PCP is not very supportive and my just look at me like I'm nuts. Am I? Does any one else have the same sorts of pains and just live with them? Help?! Thanks!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal/ endocrine imbalances, GI/ GU causes, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!