Restless Leg Syndrome Community
Opposite of RLS

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

Opposite of RLS

I have what seems to be the opposite of restless leg syndrome, for 15 years+ I have been haveing this feeling of a burning sensation in both legs from the knees down kinda like I was being bitten by fleas or something and its only when im standing for more than 5min, like doing the dishes. I cant find any answers. Growing up my mom thought it to be me just trying to get out of doing the dishes but in reality it has bothered me for a long time. Please help me find out what this is. Thank you!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include neuro-muscular causes such as myopathy/ neuropathy, degenerative/ inflammatory conditions, spinal causes, micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal/ endocrine imbalances, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I don't know what you would call this.  I have RLS and there is a product you can get for Rls but it's also for pain.  I don't have pain but my legs jump continually mostly when they are tired or when I go to bed..  I find the hot tub helps, a heating pad and tonic water.  The product is called Restful Leg, look it up on the internet.  Good Luck
  Joyce