Restless Leg Syndrome Community
RESTLESS BODY AS WELL?
About This Community:

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

RESTLESS BODY AS WELL?

For the last year or so I have developed restless body. It moved from just my legs to all over.  

I was diagnosed with so many things but no definitive reasoning as to why my body is shutting down.

Is there anything to treat this?  I am on wellbutrin right now and seems to help it a bit but I am going to be put on cymbalta soon and I am worried its going to get much worse.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

It would be very difficult to comment on the situation without a definitive diagnosis or even an examination. Other than restless leg syndrome other possibilities that may need to be considered are vascular issues, peripheral neuropathy, musculopathies, hormonal/ endocrine issues, micronutrient deficiencies, infections, stress/ depression etc. Without an evaluation it would be difficult to say what effect would a particular drug have on it. I would suggest consulting an internist, preferable at a university/ teaching hospital for an evaluation and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
136956_tn?1363091289
I am pretty sure it has to do with Peripheral neuropathy, endocrine issues as well as some sort of deficiency as I have problems with all three.

How would they narrow it down to figure out which one does it?
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

A detailed description of the precise symptoms and a detailed physical examination may help arrow down the diagnosis. In situation there does not seem to be a pattern tests for the more likely possibilities may be ordered for a confirmatory diagnosis.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
1688492_tn?1346367970
I have it all over as well n it's awful!  I'm on medicine!
Blank
136956_tn?1363091289
Are you on Cymbalta buy any chance?  I am on wellbutrin right now and it helps but I am changing to Cymbalta soon due to severe Anxiety.
Blank
I have it all over too. It is awful!  I wish the name would change to include other body parts....not a good description.

Mirapex is the only thing helping during this severe time.  Before that I have been on Requip and klonopin; even neurontin.

Klonopin was really good and helped me sleep but my other doctor didn't want me on it...said it was addictive.  Now I have to take Ambien with my Mirapex; somethings amiss.

All the best for your symptoms.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Restless Leg Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank