Restless Leg Syndrome Community
RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them for relief. Discuss topics including causes, medical or alternative treatments and how to get more sleep while suffering from RLS.

RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME

My legs have a creepy crawly feeling all over as soon as my body get tired, especially by the end of the evening.  I toss and turn the entire night moving my legs as it is the only way to stop the sensation. My son is 12 and can remember I have had this since i was pregnant with him.  Please help it is killing me.......  
Treatment for restless legs syndrome
If your condition is mild, you may not need any treatment. Your GP will suggest simple lifestyle changes to help prevent symptoms and keep them under control.

For secondary RLS, symptoms usually ease or disappear once the underlying condition has been treated.

Self-help
Simple lifestyle changes can really help to prevent symptoms. These include:

cutting out caffeine and alcohol from your diet
stopping smoking
taking moderate exercise (but not close to bedtime)
getting into a good bedtime routine to maintain a regular sleep pattern, for example going to bed at the same time every evening and getting up at the same time every morning
Many people find that when they do get symptoms, using the following self-help techniques can help:

taking hot or cold baths - try both to see which works for you
using heat pads or ice packs on your legs
going for a walk or stretching your legs
massaging your legs
distracting your mind by watching TV or reading an engaging book
practising relaxation exercises or yoga

This information is from http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/restless_legs.html#5
Hope it helps!
My mother was dyagnosised with restless leg syndrome in 05. They had her trying all types of things and nothing seemed to work. She would get up in the middle of the night and soak in hot water in the tub for hours at a time. That did not help her much until I went to the doctor with her and had the doc give her a trial pack of Lyrica to see if that would help her. It did for a while until her body started getting immuned to the ingredients in it. Then I had her try taking one of her prescription Lortab pills at the same time that she took the Lyrica. That was the perfect combination. She hasn't had a problem with her RLS since and that was 5 yrs ago...
Is she taking the combination until now?
Or has she stopped?