RLS and Vitamin Deficiencies
I have both vit b12 and d deficiencies (that I know of, nothing else has been tested and my reading suggests that especially b12 may not occur alone).

I have had varying degrees of RLS for several years.  I luckily have had no real pain with it, just the jerky legs and incredibly uncomfortable feelings along with occasional leg cramps.  I read about it being an indication of a need for potassium, at least at the mild level I have.

In supplementing d, it was suggested to take magnesium to aid absorption.  Then reading about magnesium, it says to take potassium and so on.  I feel like every time I add one new thing, it requires something else with it and I'm going to end up taking a million supplements.

Besides the RLS, the vit deficiencies were causing numbness and tingling in hands and feet, memory issues, extreme fatigue.  I also have this really weird vibration sometimes in my body and other times in my head.  It feels like RLS but just not in my legs.  I notice it most often when laying down to go to sleep.

Any chance vit b12 and/or d play a role in RLS or this vibration problem?

And what is the first line of attack for mild RLS?  Is it taken as needed or as maintenance for prevention?

Thanks for you help.
My doctor feels an hour walk a day helps most.  A lot of people who have RLS are low in iron as well.  Low potassium levels can cause it.  I know low potassium is often the reason we have charley horses.